Friday, August 5, 2011

Philosophy of Education

Creating my Philosophy of Education video was less daunting than I expected it to be from a technical perspective. I reflected deeper into my personal philosophy while constructing the final edits and organization of the images alongside my audio. Providing the visual component brought life to my philosophy as a living document. I took images from the last 5 years of my interactions with kids in schools and specifically a Children's Book Unit I taught that I felt was very successful and representative of my philosophy of education.

I must say that using iMovie was easier than I expected it to be and once I took the time to play and understand all the "buttons", the movie started to fall in to place. I learned to be patient during the editing process just like editing a written piece. I learned how to successfully create my own philosophy video that represents me and my teaching.

I've used iMovie with my students but feel that putting this together has taught me more efficient and focused ways to use it in my classroom. I hope to definitely incorporate activities in which students actively write, publish and create using the tool. This project could be adapted for students to create a video based on their personal narratives written in class.

You can view my video here:

Or you can watch it live in B-6...

No comments:

Post a Comment